- May 17, 2020 Three Sisters Garden Three Sisters Circular Garden contains instructions and enough seeds to plant a 12 foot garden using the three sisters method.
- Jan 21, 2020 Planting Instructions for Chiles, Eggplants, Tomatillos and Tomatoes Planting Instructions for Chiles, Eggplants, Tomatillos and Tomatoes
- Jan 16, 2020 Safe Seed Pledge Wayland Chiles cares about the food we eat and the plants we grow. We do not sell or grow any GMO seeds. We have signed the Safe Seed Pledge.
- Nov 5, 2017 Eggplants from Italy Wayland Chiles has a good selection of eggplant seeds that originate from Italy ready for the 2017 - 2018 growing season.
- Jun 3, 2017 Orange Manzano Flowers Orange Manzano Flowers
Orange Manzano Flowers
The Manzano or Rocoto is one of my favorite chiles. They are very hard to find fresh and most often are sold frozen. Your best source is to grow your own. If you live in a warmer climate and are able to protect the Manzano plant from frost they can live for over 15 years. Each fall I take my potted Manzano plants inside to protect them from the harsh Boston winters. This gives them a head start in the spring with beautiful purple flowers in June. The plants have distinctive features, the leaves are hairy and the seeds are black. If you live in areas with cooler summers the Manzano will thrive. If you live in areas with very hot summers grow the Manzano in the shade and expect blossom drop when temperatures go over 90 degrees.